The earliest records of meditive practices date as far back as the 6th century BC in both Taoist China and Buddhist India.
There is some debate as to exactly where and when it has its' origins however there are written records as far back as the first century BC in the sutras of Pali Canon referring to states of meditation in indian buddhism. Based on the formula of focusing on morality, comtemplative concentration, knowledge and liberation it was seen as a step on the path to salvation and redemption.
Although meditation has long been associated with religeous practices with the image of old grey bearded men assuming quite impossible physical positions, modern meditation has evolved into a mental and physical form of achieving true inner peace and self being either with or without any strong religious beliefs.
What is Meditation and how is it performed?
In our busy lives our attention can commonly by caught by the demands of everyday work and social commitments and quite often our thoughts, feelings, doubts, anxieties and even how we percieve ouselves can be negatively affected by these outside influences. Sometimes the pressures of everyday life are so great that they leave no room for any deeper dimension in our lives.
However sometimes when we stop to draw breath in a calm moment, we may get a glimpse of the path and direction that we are being pulled away from.
Meditation helps to restore our inner peace and harmony through simple techniques which draw our awareness to an inner stillness and calm where a person can be untroubled by the usual routine commotion of the mind. It has been shown that meditation can help reduce stress whilst building self esteem as well as mental focus.
Meditation is achieved through a combination of breathing, visualisation and relaxing of the muscles. The results when successfully performed reduces stress and provides better mental awareness. There are even in depth studies currently being performed to define whether meditation may even be linked to longevity too. In summary meditation is a system of breathing with purpose.
During meditation the individual focuses on their breathing whilst they inhale and exhale. It is common practice during this cycle to think about something that the individual would like clarity on or perhaps a goal in which the individual would like positive thoughts leading to a better outcome. Meditation can be performed for just a few minutes in order to relax the mind or up to several hours of deep and intentional breathing and thought to totally cleanse the brain.
There are many advantages to meditation however the main ones can be summarised as follows:
Psychological benefits can include:
- Builds self-confidence and increase serotonin levels which influence mood behaviour
- Resolve phobias & fears and help control your thought processes
- Helps with focus & concentration and memory
- Increased emotional stability
- Improved relations at home & at work
- Develop will power and increased focus which can help cure addictions
- Increases one's perceptual ability and motor performance
- Decrease in potential mental illness
- Better, more sociable behaviour as well as being less aggressiveness
- Need less sleep to recover from sleep deprivation as well as less time to fall asleep
- Decreased tendency to worry
Physiological benefits may be:
- Lowering oxygen consumption
- Decreasing respiratory rate
- Increasing blood flow and as well as the heart rate
- Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation
- Can help lower high blood pressure
- Can help reduce anxiety attacks
- Decreases muscle tension
- Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome symptoms
- Helps in post-operative healing and enhance the immune system
- Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease
- Studies believe that it can help decrease the aging process
- Reduces sweating
- Help cure headaches & migraines
- Relaxes our nervous system
- Produce lasting beneficial changes in brain electrical activity
For those seeking them Spiritual benefits may be:
- Provides peace of mind, happiness
- Helps you discover your purpose
- Increased self-actualization & increased compassion
- Deeper understanding of yourself and others
- Brings body, mind, spirit in harmony
- Deeper Level of spiritual relaxation
- Changes attitude toward life
- Creates a deeper relationship with your God
- Discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego
- Increases the synchronicity in your life
Is it expensive to set up and to learn meditation?
Practicing meditation is completely free. It is not dificult to learn and there is no need for expensive equipment although you may choose to acquire a few items if you wish to. Meditation is not time consuming and can be practised virtually anywhere. If you haven't already started meditating perhaps you should ask yourself.....why not!
OK, so how can I learn how to meditate to improve my self being?
Today, we have an exiting opportunity for you to learn how to relax and improve your self being through meditation, taking you through from a complete beginner to intermediate and then on to advanced.
You will be shown first hand in the comfort of your own home how to learn and enjoy meditation. This series of high resolution videos will show you how to unwind and feel completely at ease whilst learning a new skill that could benefit you for life.
Through these three amazing videos your guide and host Cher Araujo (Professional therapist) uses easy to follow meditation techniques for you to help you learn the secrets of meditation quickly, easily and effectively.
The videos cover three levels of meditation: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
So how do I know this is the right video package for me?
As can be seen there are many well known and lesser known benefits to effective meditation.
However if you've not tried meditation before... and all you have seen are images of old men with long grey beards... then you may be a little uncertain about how incredible this ancient system is.
Meditation is hugely popular with millions of people all over the world. However we can understand why you may be wary because everyone is different, what suits one person may not suit another. We'd hate for you to miss out on what could be a life-changing skill because you are feeling a little unsure.
We want you to be convinced that this is the right set of videos for you. Of course, you can't be certain about that until you've experienced them for yourself... so, on that basis, we want to guarantee your complete satisfaction...
Your 30-Day 100% No-Risk, Money-Back Guarantee...
We sincerely doubt you will want to return this set once you've experienced them - but we want you to be able to review this meditation series of videos and decide for yourself, completely 100% risk free.
So... if, after following Cher for 30 days, you do not truly feel that you will enjoy increased peace, harmony and stability then please get in touch and arrange to return the complete meditation compilation and we will return your money in full - no questions asked. Can't say fairer than that can we?
OK, I am keen to get my meditation videos, what do I do now?
Your path to a learning the secrets of modern meditation developed over thousands of years for a more focused mind is just one-click away from becoming a reality for you. Act quickly, and send in your request now, just click the Watch Now button below...
Yes, I'm eager and excited to learn about meditation and to be able to increase my inner peace, harmony and stability.
I'm ordering my copy of the three meditation videos TODAY.
Please rush my meditation instructional videos out to me as soon as possible so I can get started without delay.
Wishing you greater self being through meditation.
P.S. This amazing collection of videos teaches you step how to perform meditation at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Meditation can help you achieve complete relaxation, peace of mind and a deep sense of self-esteem as well as harmony and inner peace.
© Copyright Meditation. All Rights Reserved.